It’s hard to believe I am 30 days into my 365 day goal of blogging! It’s been eye-opening, liberating, empowering, frightening and amazing all at the same time. As I hit the one month mark today I’ve realized the most important piece of blogging is to stay focused on writing for yourself. Meaning, keep your eye on the prize and don’t be distracted by what is or is not happening around you. There may not be much encouragement, or even constant support. Many may read, few may comment, and you may have those that support you everyday but are reluctant to share that. It’s a world and a hobby that only others who love blogging just as much understand. As I journey on towards improving my personal knowledge of blogging best practices, fine tune dreams and stretch myself creatively I summarize the last 30 days into the following;
(1) No matter how wild, crazy or far-fetched something may seem. If you want it, go get it!
(2) What other people think of you (or your work) is underrated. Creativity is meant to be interpreted in millions of ways, shake off what you don’t like and keep the rest. =)
(3) Blogging is much different from writing down thoughts in your notebook at home. Ha!
(4) Having something “for you” is a wonderful way to continue spreading happiness and love to your family, friends and others who need you!
(5) 30 days just might be the habit-forming recipe? It drives me crazy when I am not in a position to log in and type away!
Well, on to the next 30 days! Thank you to all who’ve supported the journey thus far and welcoming all those who want to join in!