I would imagine if you have any access to a computer, cell phone, tablet or any other wifi enabled device you have now seen the fully nude front and back shot of an oily Kim Kardashian. What did you think? Here’s what I think, she is beautiful and her body speaks for itself. Now that we have the obvious out-of-the-way let me argue the points to my very bold title statement. Kim and I share a few common factors, and I am sure these factors apply to many other woman as well, she’s a mother, she is a wife and a woman focused on her career. When you remove the photo shop, make up and clothing we all stand bare in front of the mirror imagining what we can do better, how to be better, and what we can do to get there. The magazine’s have repeatedly reported how images like the ones Kim K. took are ruining the self-esteem or women and girls across America.
Here’s where I stand up and say, no way! My self-esteem is in tact, and while my daughter is not old enough to view a photo like that, when she is I will have no qualms sharing this same list with her when the time comes. Here are the five important reasons my body is better than Kim K. I won’t even take my clothes off to prove it:
1. Captivate: Ladies, haven’t you ever walked into a room fully clothed and had all eyes on you? Or attempted to dash out the door only to have your husband stop you to say how beautiful you look today. Hail to the women that can captivate the masses without a sex tape or taking their clothes off!
2. Mystique: There is nothing more sexy than a good old-fashioned tease. Leaving a bit to the imagination inspires a quest that men live for, keep that rabbit chasing the carrot. We’ve seen it all Kim, what do you have now?
3. Virtue: People may think virtue is played out but I haven’t met a man yet that doesn’t want to know or feel like he is the only one! The old cliché “a lady in the light and a freak in the dark” is something to be reserved for your one and only.
4. Influence: My daughter and my sons look to me to be an example of what it means to be a woman. Perhaps Kim K. will be okay with her beautiful daughter North taking her clothes off for money but I am not so sure this is the career path I prefer my daughter to take? To each their own but the women of our future have so much more to offer than their bodies and sex. I want my daughter to have the body she desires and use her intelligence to make the money!
5. Reality: I have earned every single pound, stretch mark and blemish that I have. Kim K. has too BUT I do not have a team of nutritionists, personal chefs, personal trainer or a nanny to free up my time so I can endlessly focus on my body. When I look at myself, I don’t always see perfection but I feel sexy and my husband remains attracted to me. That is amazing to find, and amazing to have when you live the “DIY” (do it yourself) lifestyle. Let’s face it, we have a lot to do on a daily basis!
It’s these five reasons I can flip through the photos of Kim K. and not have one thought in my mind that I need to do more, or go hit the treadmill harder. I love my body just the way it is because it is a constant reminder of all that I have achieved and earned minus the full time staff. I would like to see Kim do what most women do in a day and still be able to stand in front of the mirror and say “You got it going on girl!”
…now, back to business, someone’s gotta get dinner on the table.